The Comox Valley is a wondrous place with spectacular scenery, beautiful sea shores, harbors, mountains, and even a glacier! It is no wonder the First Nations people named it land of plenty (Komox). Whether one likes to golf, hike, kayak, dive, fish, test one’s gourmet palate, feast your ears on local music (from jazz to folk to classical), or simply relax and beach comb. Here at Belle Vue B&B we have tried to create a microcosm of the Comox Valley ambiance, where beauty evokes day dreaming, scents raft through the windows, and wildlife noises tickle your ear.
The City of Courtenay is a vibrant small town with a lovely paleontological museum (all fossils are found locally and are still found today), a city center on 5th street with boutique shops and coffee bars, and hidden treasures, and our Sid Williams Theatre and art gallery.
The Town of Comox sports a fabulous yacht harbor, for those who would like a sail in the bay . . ., the Air Force Museum of the Canadian 19 Wing base (a wonderful gander through time of the Canadian air force); Comox Avenue houses many galleries and lovely boutique shops with northwestern motifs.
The Village of Cumberland takes you back in time to the old mining days with memories of a vibrant Chinatown of days past. On your way to Comox Lake you will find many hidden treasures that will capture your imagination and almost force you to slow down and give a listen and a sniff.
Fun in the Comox Valley from Belle Vue
Our Vancouver Island accommodation’s central location makes our bed and breakfast the perfect base for holiday fun:
- During winter months alpine and nordic skiing as well as snowshoeing are favorites
- For year round our Island golf courses are famous (imagine skiing in the morning and playing a round of golf in the afternoon?)
- Adventures in Vancouver Island whale watching tours from Telegraph Cove or NOW from Campbell River with Marine Safari who also do Grizzly Bear watching in the late summer and fall
- Charter a boat for salmon/halibut or crab fishing with Gene Berkey or Steve Mawdsley
- Hike Strathcona Park or stroll through Paradise Meadows (Mt. Washington), enjoy the many river and beach walks
- Sail (Compass Adventures), scuba dive (Scuba Shark), kayak, canoe (Kayak Utopia), or just laze in the sun
- Art & Bloom (Kitty Coleman Woodland Gardens)
- Vancouver Island Music Fest (Rotary Bowl et al)
- Filberg Art & Music Festival